Below are the audio links to our last Sunday (8.10.2017) class recording for sharing by all. Please do listen to the below rather profound sharing:
The Sixth Patriarch Dharma Jewel Platform Sutra with Commentary by Venerable Master Hsuan Hua Pg 284 – 289:
1. The 3 bodies (functional, spiritual & dharma bodies) of a cultivator.
Only those highly evolved beings can have the dharmakaya body transformation.
2. the 4 types of wisdom & 8 types of consciousness ( – First 5 are the Eye, Ear, Nose, Tongue and Bodily tactile consciousness; then the 6th consciousness is Sanna or perception followed by the 7th consciouness which is Sankhara & the 8th consciousness, Vinanam)
3. between 6th n 7th consciousness (sankhara/sanna) – discrimination can arise if one lacks wisdom. Without wisdom and the direct seeing, you will stir and create dualities when any one of the 5 basic sense door consciousness arises upon contact.
4. Self-delusion is the most difficult to break free from unless you have the silent mind to awaken.
5. Sister Mindy’s question on Heart Sutra’s expression of ‘Form is emptiness. Emptiness is form’ (色即是空，空即是色)
Bye! and with metta always,
Posted by: Teoh Kian Koon <email@example.com></firstname.lastname@example.org>