Below is the audio link to our 15th Sept to 23rd Sept spiritual trip, Pre-Trip briefing for sharing by all. The below keynotes were shared and highlighted for those going on the trip.
Guangzhou n Quilin (China) spiritual Trip – Pre-Trip briefing’s key notes:
• Be heedful when we are at the temple. If we can set a good example, it will not create unnecessary misunderstanding for others to gain access to the use of the temple in future.
• Contemplate and reflect on it – whatever that has happened to you is very likely related to karma. You should not be miserable because ‘you reap what you sow’. When you have this understanding, you will able to accept and be at peace with it. Ask for forgiveness if necessary.
• Thus you will be very mindful in avoiding all evils so that you will not plant any seeds of negativity again. Cultivate all the right thoughts such as kindness, goodness, gratitude, wholesomeness, virtues leading to right speech that will bring about love and harmony to resolve things or issues amicably. Your life will change for the better.
• Have joy, sincerity, understanding so that this spiritual trip will benefit you through developing a lot of wholesomeness n merits. Maintain this kind of mind-set from now on so that this spiritual trip will benefit you.
• Partake in the common pool fund with understanding and wholesomeness if possible.
• Cultivation is about checking yourself every moment in the here and now. Contemplate and reflect on: who you are & what you are?
• If you have the right understanding and right cultivation, your personality, character, your life will become better and meaningful. You will transform. This is the real dharma.
• People can be very egoic and become deceived by their thoughts thus getting angry over petty things. But if you have wholesomeness and kindness, you will know how to act. Your action will be beautiful because it is without negativity. Free of the evil root.
Bye! and with metta always,
From: Bro. Tune
This morning’s (5Aug) briefing for our Sept 2017 spiritual trip is ready for download. Those who were not able to attend, please do listen to the pre-trip briefing: