Below are the audio links to our last Thursday class dated 27th July 2017 recording for sharing by all. Do listen attentively to the following rather good dharma which was shared:
- Introduction to the launching of our new transcript book – ‘Cultivating the Bodhisattva way.’
- Elsie reports on her meditation – Finally able to break free via relax n silent ;
- 4 supports for Awareness based meditation are :
(Relax, aware, 24 hours & trust)
- Relax and aware of your body & mind will help you to develop the meditation n finally connect to your true nature (见性，本性，佛性). Only after you are able to connect to your True/silent mind – can u start the real/true meditation.
- Silent mind will lead you to connect to your True nature via the gateway;
- Aware from within – to be ever mindful of everything (both internally n externally);
- Positive craving will lead to desire which eventually becomes grasping n clinging.
- Negative craving leads to envy, jealousy n anger etc;
- Should develop contentment, appreciation, gratitude n virtue instead;
- Ajahn Yantra’s teaching – Look at nature and learn from nature for nature is our greatest teacher; Nature has great loving kindness n great patience because Nature just gives, gives and gives. It just accords n flows – never resists or complains. The air we breathe, water we drink, food, fruits and raw materials we need etc all come from Nature and it is given to us free;
- The plants and trees endure the severe climatic conditions especially the harsh winter. They shed their leaves in autumn and hibernate through winter to bud again in spring and flower beautifully in summer;
- The importance of planting the Bodhi mind or Bodhi seed of enlightenment by taking 4 basic vows n the 3 sets of pure precepts.
- How to Create affinity with all the great beings via very strong n determined faith n seek their (Buddha n Bodhisattvas) nature’s guidance, protection and blessing.
- How fortune n blessed to be born a human or to have a human form and able to listen to the true Dharma 人身难得，佛法难闻;
- Cultivation requires understanding, great sincerity, right efforts, strong n determined faith n commitment. Have faith/confidence in yourself that you are able to do it.
- Human beings always believe their conditioned wrong thoughts which lead to misery.
- 4 bases of success – Chanda (passion), viriya (zeal), citta (will power) and vimansa (investigation or analysis leading to self improvement).
By and with metta always,
Shared with Dropbox