Below are the audio links to our 8th August 2017 Tuesday class recording for sharing by all. The following topics were discussed :
- Sis. Mimi’s & Bro. Chong Lim’s sharing on The Buddha and His teachings – page 48 onward;
- Buddha’s first 7 weeks after His enlightenment.
- Nirvana is not a state of being. It is complete cessation of form and mind. The mundane mind connects to the true nature and realizes itself. It is the unconditioned. Hence, there is nothing – no movement or mind activity at all. Thus there is no suffering.
- The cause of suffering is craving borne of delusion and ignorance. So whether the craving is positive or negative, it will still lead to suffering.
- To break Sakkayaditthi one has to awaken to the 12 links.
- You have 2 minds (mundane mind and supra-mundane mind)
- Sense desires arise from your craving. Only wisdom can free and liberate us from sense desires. Without wisdom, you will crave, cling and grasp and want things your way.
- If you don’t have the wisdom as yet, immediately upon contact, not only feeling arises, it will also immediately condition craving. With wisdom – upon contact, feeling will be pure feeling.
Bye! and with metta always,
Brother Teoh Tuesday Class on 08/08/2017 record :
Shared with Dropbox